The Associated Colleges of the South has a limited budget for air travel and strives to distribute its funds in an equitable and cost-effective fashion among all participants. To better utilize these funds and to help ensure that all interested parties are able to participate in programs, ACS enforces the following policies regarding airline ticket purchases:
- ACS will reimburse airline ticket for coach class fare.
- Travelers are required to use U. S. Flag Carriers under the “Fly America Act.”
- Travel reimbursed by your institutions will not be reimbursed by ACS.
- No personal travel will be reimbursed.
- Fees incurred as a personal negligence on the part of the traveler will not be reimbursed by ACS.
- Program related travels must be pre-approved by the ACS Program Director.
- ACS will not approve travel for destinations under the U.S. Department travel warnings.
- ACS encourages traveler to take travel insurance and where budget permits ACS will reimburse.
- Student travelers must signed an indemnification form before travel.
In the event a participant cancels a trip following airfare payment by ACS, the participant is responsible for reimbursing ACS for the cost of the ticket. Most tickets are both non-refundable and non-transferable, thus such unused tickets have no value for ACS. Following payment to ACS, the canceling participant may retain the ticket and apply it towards other flights in accordance with the airline’s policy.
For meetings and workshops where ACS is paying travel, we reimburse drivers at the current Emory University rate (see reimbursement form). We reimburse actual miles driven, not an estimate or internet projection. Please note that all airfare reimbursement limits apply as well to mileage reimbursement. Moreover, we can only reimburse you up to the amount of the lowest airfare purchased from your departure point.
Rental car expenses will not be reimbursed without prior approval from an authorized ACS representative.
Reimbursable expenses include:
- Airfare (Coach Class)
- Car rental
- Ground transportation (taxi, parking) as needed
- Conference supplies (approved in advance)
Non-reimbursable expenses include:
There are two different forms available:
- Stipend Reimbursement form – for stipends or consulting fees
- Expense Reimbursment form – for travel or other authorized expenses related to ACS business
These forms are in PDF format and you may need to download the free Adobe Acrobat PDF reader.
We require receipts for all expenses, with the exception of mileage, which we pay at the rate of 56 cents per mile. Please send your receipts along with the form, to the address on the form.
Please allow 21 business days for processing and send any questions about reimbursement to email@example.com.
Note: All expense statements must be submitted within 90 days of the termination of the activity for which reimbursement is sought. Under extraordinary circumstances and on a case-by-case basis, ACS will accept reimbursement submissions after this 90 day period.
ACS does not reimburse for personal expenses related to travel. ACS reserves the right to ask for clarification of any expenses submitted and may in its discretion deny expenses which are not properly documented or that might be deemed inappropriate under the circumstances.